Wednesday 9 April 2014

Exploring Art

A big part of my project includes making artwork and decorating my bedroom so it is personalized and so it reflects who I am. Over the past couple of weeks, and especially over spring break I decided to get ahead in this aspect of the project and not waste time.
I had been researching different types of art, and different styles that I wasn't as familiar with that I could possibly use and learn. I came across many art pieces that inspired the art that I have been working on, which taught me new ways and techniques that I found to be easier then I thought it would be.
But before starting my artwork I knew that I needed to find the appropriate frames to fit the style I am looking for. Also this will help so i make the art pieces the appropriate size for each frame. Over a few weeks I managed to find all the picture frames I would like to use for artwork to be placed in.

Techniques that I looked into for starting my/doing my artwork includes:
1) Pen and Ink
In fine art, the term 'pen and ink' denotes a drawing technique involving the use of black and other coloured inks which are applied to a support which is generally paper with either a dip pen or a reservoir pen.
A large amount of the artwork I am doing uses the style of Pen and Ink. I personally like the way it looks when the piece is done. I looked through many pictures and different ways of doing Pen and Ink drawings and artwork that helped me and inspired the pieces I have been working on.
2) Sketching: Shades
Shading represents different values of color and darkness in a painting or drawing. You can use pen, ink, pencil, and other various types of art materials.
I used shading while painting, creating a gradient of light to dark. I also did the technique of shading while using pencil. Other techniques of shading that I looked into was cross-hatching, and hatching.
3) Painting and Canvas
I didn't really look into how to use paint on canvases. I more so looked up other people and their artwork to see how they decided to do their pieces. This helped me when deciding on how I wanted to execute my art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment