Monday 2 June 2014

Paint and Progress

This past week I was away on a trip to New York with school, so I had to wait a week to continue working on my room. But as soon as I got back which was this past weekend me and my mentor got right back into prepping the walls, and starting to paint. 
On Saturday we used putty and patched up all the wholes in the walls, we also finished a pit of wallpaper removal and cleaning the walls. We didn't get as much done as we needed to but every little bit helped.
Then on Sunday after church we got right down to business once again. We sanded down the putty so it would be even with the wall. We then cleaned and wiped down the walls with warm water. Over all blemishes and putty we painted primer over top. Once everything else was prepped I taped all the edges and trim so we would be able to start painting once the primer dried. Since we had to wait an hour for the primer to dry, we were able to take a dinner break. Later on that evening the primer had finally dried which meant we were able to start edging. Edging didn't take too long, we just had to be careful since the tape would bleed a little. I worked along the door frame and bottom trim when edging, and my dad worked on a ladder and did edging along the ceiling. Finally we were able to paint. We only got to painting one entire wall and half of the two other walls. Tonight we were able to finish the 3 walls that are the lighter tone brown. I'm excited that part of the room is done. Soon I'll be able to  move furniture back into its place. For the past few nights I haven't been able to sleep in my own room because of all the painting and renovations. I must say the couch isn't nearly as comfortable as my own bed. 
We also were able to edge most of the feature wall tonight, and plan on painting the rest tomorrow night. So far I'm very happy with the results, and can't wait to see the final product. It takes a lot of time, patience and effort. This is definitely something you cannot rush! 

No comments:

Post a Comment